Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 26 10 5:47 AM

Tags : :

I got my Modbook for the sake of drawing quality. Before that I had always used a wacom tablet attached to a mac but there were always just some angles and directions that didn't work. Which drove me to distraction to do in a manner which looked natural and didn't require a physical ruler on the wacom.

I had tried the cintiq and really didn't like it at all.

On paper and reading the PR about the modbook it seems to be perfect, however we all know that some of that is misleading at best. None the less this is a good tool and if it were not for the over promising and under delivering, I'd probably have been happier when I first got my hands on it.

So if you have been drawing using the Modbook feel free to post whatever you've done. I'd be very interested in seeing what you do. Which software you like and how you use it.

This image was done using Sketchbook Express (I will buy the pro version soon). It's from an idea sparked by a conversation and is called, childhood memories. It's fictional but loosly based on an idea I had of building a tree house when I was a child.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Sep 28 10 4:40 AM

This is one of the first ones I did with the modbook. I found it very difficult to adapt to the new pressure sensitivity etc and the fact that my hand was often obscuring the work. Eventually I went back to using the wacom but there is still a substantial amount done on the modbook. I find it best for drawing the initial designs with but have warmed up to it as a painting medium.

Word of warning. Never let a person with a dimond ring anwhere near the screen.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 12 10 6:56 PM

Hi my name's Lee Ray. I've been lurking here for a while now—well, since I purchased my modbook about 4 months ago.—and I am using my machine primarily for artwork.

Have you guys checked out Alchemy?

(I'm not affiliated, so this isn't spam)

It's a free vector based drawing program, with some really nice features. Here's a link to their site:

http://al.chemy.org/

It really compliments the modbook, and personally helps me blitz out concept sketches in no time at all. One minor set back though, is that it doesn't have an undo option, so trying to produce finished artwork within the program might become a headache.

If you haven't heard of it, I do urge you to check it out. You can certainly get some interesting results.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help