Remove this ad

Lead

May 5 10 6:45 PM

Tags : :

I have a program called smart scroll and if you are familiar with the program it is on the preference panel and I wonder 'If it is possible to make a script of turning it on and off. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

#1 [url]

May 5 10 7:02 PM

I've heard of it. Several people at Axiotron's forum like it, but I haven't had a chance to play with it. 

How does it work? I understand it offers momentum scrolling. Sounds cool, but I don't want to give up a pen button to use it.

If it has a preference pane, it can be UI scripted (slow and ugly, but will work). It may also be scriptable using the defaults Terminal command.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 5 10 7:52 PM

lol I solved my problem I found an option to only turn it on for certain app. so now I only use it on Web browsing. It's a really good program though their a demo if you want to try it. you dont need to waste a pen button. You can put it as getting your pen and hold down on any part of the window you want to scroll and after like a sec or 2 the cursor changes into a hand and just like an iphone  You get your pen and put it on the screen and scroll and the scrolling is inverse just like the iphone. Once your done just tap anywhere on the screen and it will go back to a regular cursor. its troublesome sometimes cus when you highlight some text it will go to the hand cursor but it will still let you finish what your highlighting but once you lift up your pen you will be in the hand mode. but you can always use the secondary key if you don't right click a lot in a web browser and just use gesture to do basic stuff like copy and paste. 

Quote    Reply   

ericn

superstar

#3 [url]

May 21 10 6:59 PM

I finally got around to trying Smart Scroll out. Cool! Definitely a keeper. A true gift for lefties (your hand need not obstruct your reading while you scroll).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

#4 [url]

Jun 11 10 9:36 AM

I've finally figured out a configuration for Smart Scroll that doesn't get in my way: for applications where I don't need my eraser, I set eraser to middle click and enable Smart Scroll's Grab Scroll with the middle click.  

Setting the eraser to middle click involves using the tips discussed in Expanding the Options for Your Pen/Stylus Buttons. In this case, using this AppleScript works: 

tell application "TabletDriver"

set button function of button 4 of transducer 1 of tablet 1 to middle click

end tell

where ‘transducer 1‘ is the stylus and ‘button 4‘ is the eraser.

(I'm in the process of building a pen settings by application script which would change pen settings when you change applications. It is in the testing stage — stay tuned.)

EricN

Quote    Reply   

ericn

superstar

#6 [url]

Nov 11 10 4:04 PM

There is a new version of the Mac OS available, 10.6.5, which means there is a  shiny new version of Smart Scroll that works with the new OS. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help