Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 30 10 5:40 PM

Tags : :

notice it is out of beta 'Is it going to be free for us Modbook user? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

#3 [url]

May 5 10 3:23 PM

I finally got a chance to play around with the new version of Quickscript (available here), Axiotron's and Vision Objects' handwriting software, and, while in many ways it is still the same irritatingly bad software wrapped around a pretty good handwriting recognition engine, they have finally made it possible to insert text without following up with a space or some other character. Of course, they implemented it in as stupid a way as imaginable — hiding a check box somewhere in the settings.

Hey, Guys: How about adding a new button to the UI or the keypad?

Nonetheless, it is finally possible to use Quickscript with incremental search boxes, like Quicksilver. Yeah! 

Alas, Quickscript still does not work with Spotlight.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 18 10 5:47 PM

Does anyone notice When using the new Quickscript and Changing your screen to portrait Mode  Quickscript will go hide out of screen view  and makes  Quickscript Useless because I can't click on It for it to pop back up I have to go back to landscape to be able to use it. I remember the beta version didn't do that. I hope they fix this. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

#5 [url]

May 18 10 7:28 PM

Yes, I see that. It looks as though Quickscript is parking the window 1280 pixels over instead of at the edge of the portrait desktop. That is a bug; probably one they need to hear about.

In the meantime, restarting Quickscript when you change orientations would fix it.

This AppleScript will do that

tell application "Axiotron Quickscript"

quit

delay 0.2

activate

end tell

If you are using MacFlip, putting this script in the "on ChangeDisOrient(notebookOrient)" handler/subroutine after the "do shell script fbRotatePath & " -d " & displayID & " -r " & (notebookOrient as string)" line will automatically restart Quickscript after each orientation change. 

But that might be overkill.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help