Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

Lead

Apr 20 10 10:10 PM

Tags : :

Originally Posted by EricN on February 17, 2010 at 8:16pm

Axiotron has yet to release their Quickflip software, which rotates the Modbook's screen to match the orientation that the Modbook is held, despite having a working version of the software more than a year ago. So I've put together an Applescript Applet to replace it, It works pretty well;  though, it only works on MacBooks/Modbooks with an Nvidia chip set (2.13GHz, mid-2009 MacBook) and probably MacBook Pros as well. There is a catch, however. I use an AppleScript that hooks into the ability of another app: SwitchResX, to rotate the display. Note that SwitchResX is not a free app. It runs 14 euros (~$18 or 6 Lattes), but there is a ten day trial download.

In another forum posting, I offered this MacFlipX quick display rotation app as a traditional AppleScript. Here, I've rebuilt it as an Applet, which simplifies installation:

First, download and install SwitchResX, available from this website:

http://www.madrau.com/

Then, download the Applet, MacFlipX, below, put it in your Applications or Utilities folder and launch it.

[So as to spread the MacFlip love even to those whose Modbook can't do screen rotation, in another forum post, I've put a automatic reader rotator for my favorite pdf reader Skim that will work in any Modbook or MacBook.]

Update:While this applet may work just fine on Leopard, it occurs to me that it may be compiled for Snow Leopard. If people using Leopard have any trouble with the applet, I'll find a Leopard machine and make a Leopard version.

Download: MacFlipX.zip

NEW UPDATE:

THIS VERSION OF MacFlip IS OUTDATED (already?). The new version is free — no need to install SwitchResX.

See: MacFlip: A Free Accelerometer-based Display Rotation App

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

#1 [url]

Apr 20 10 10:19 PM

Original Reply by EricN on February 21, 2010 at 10:14pm

A note to all:

I have figured out an approach to scripting this applet that does not require SwitchResX.

I should have a new version available sometime this week, and it will be free!

EricN

Reply to This

Reply by EricN on February 23, 2010 at 6:51pm

It is now available: A free version of MacFlip

See the post: MacFlip: A Free Accelerometer-based Display Rotation App

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help