Lead

Apr 19 10 8:26 PM

Tags : :

Originally Posted by EricN on September 6, 2009 at 1:02pm

What are your experiences using a Modbook with Snow Leopard?

The Snow Leopard thread in Axiotron's Forum has posting from a few who've tried. The best advice seems to be either update your present installation or, if you are doing a clean install, follow hteasley's advice. I say that with some trepidation as I have yet to take the leap into Snow Leopard myself.

Reply to This

Reply by EricN on September 27, 2009 at 10:12am

I have "leaped" into Snow Leopard and have noticed, as many others have, that Axiotron's Quickscripts no longer inserts text into many applications, notably all the 64-bit Apple apps making it unusable. While I miss its awesome handwritling recognition, the overall application was in a very beta state, so I won't miss it too much.

I've also noticed that text entry in Snow Leopard's Dashboard is very difficult from Ink. You can use Apple's Ink system to enter text in into only one text box --- if you move to another text box or move the insertion point to a different spot in the same text box, Ink no longer works. I think I'll send a bug report to Apple. I've never done that before, so I'll report here on the process.

Have you noticed any other Snow Leopard issues?

Reply by EricN on October 21, 2009 at 11:36pm

I can verify that hteasley's advise for making a fresh installation of Snow Leopard on a Modbook works:

Having a hardware keyboard available, install Snow Leopard on a newly formated disk. Then download the latest pen tablet driver from the Axiotron site and install it. Put the Axiotron install disk in your Modbook and using the Axiotron installation package in the Optional Installs folder, install the axiotron software. Do a custom install deselecting the Pen Tablet Driver and the Axiotron Modbook Assistant. After the computer restarts, add Quickclicks to your account's Login Items.

EricN