Remove this ad

ericn

superstar

Lead

Apr 19 10 8:08 PM

Tags : :

Originally Posted by EricN on October 4, 2009 at 11:04am

After reading emusing’s post at Axiotron’s Forums about Layout Kitchen and custom keyboards for Quickclicks, I’m reminded that I have a couple custom keyboards for Quickclicks from a year back when I trialled Layout Kitchen from Assistiveware — software that allows one to make custom on-screen keyboards for use with Quickclicks. I thought it might be nice to share those custom keyboards.

When I made them, my idea was to have a standard on-screen keyboard for passwords and another for keyboard shortcuts and punctuation, which Apple’s Ink does poorly. Now that I’m using Abracadabra for shortcuts, many of the keys seem unnecessary, but still they are useful.

Screenshots:

I made up graphics in blue also, but never made keyboards out of them.

The keyboard files are attached. Just open the files with Quickclicks ( and restart your computer to get the keyboard into the drop down list — from emusing ). Perhaps, it is time to take another look at Layout Kitchen. There is a new version for Snow Leopard out now. It is still expensive however.

EricN

If you have any custom keyboards, feel free to share them here.

Download: ShortCutKeyboards.zip

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jun 7 10 8:58 AM

Updated layouts:

Put these in your Quickclicks default keyboard folder, located inside of the applications folder.

1. command-click(right-click) qiuickclicks and choose "show package contents".
2. navigate to "resources" and then to the default keyboard folder.
3. copy and paste the contents of the zip file/folder inside and authenticate with your password.
4. keep a copy somewhere and DO NOT change the file names or diminished functionality will result!

Please leave positive suggestions only or they will be ignored...

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 7 10 9:00 AM

BTW, you can run as many instances of quickclicks as you like (via duplication).  For example, run one shortcut with transparency and one with text keyboard....

Quote    Reply   

ericn

superstar

#4 [url]

Jun 7 10 7:53 PM

BTW, you can run as many instances of quickclicks as you like (via duplication).  For example, run one shortcut with transparency and one with text keyboard....

That is an interesting idea.

It is a bit scary, though – I'm going have to rewrite my Auto-hide Keyboard script to accommodate such mischief. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help